At the heart of First & Franklin’s worship and concert offerings are notable musical instruments enabling the presentation of quality music of many traditions. The sanctuary houses a 1961 Austin organ with three manuals (keyboard) and 50 ranks (sets) of pipes, and a circa 1910 Steinway B grand piano. This world class piano was purchased by the church in 2007 for the enrichment of its music ministry, after receiving a museum-quality restoration by PianoCraft of Gaithersburg, Maryland. Also in the sanctuary is a two-manual Hubbard harpsichord, completely restored in 2012 by Eliot D. Freese.
Other instruments include a 1940 M.P. Moller, two-manual and pedal pipe organ of 10 ranks of pipes, a Baldwin M grand piano in Reid Memorial Chapel, and an Essex (Steinway design) baby grand piano in the choir room.